To Our Valued Clients:
Due to the increased use of our transportation resources, we feel the need to explain our policies and procedures in writing. Having these in writing will hopefully eliminate some of the misunderstandings with our transportation program.
BUS POLICIES AND PROCEDURES 2021-2022
- DO NOT SCHEDULE YOUR RIDE WITH THE DRIVER. DO NOT ASSUME THAT MEDICAID HAS SCHEDULED YOUR RIDE. Call the office at 208-756-1875 and check with the dispatcher. MTM’s phone number is 877-503-1261.
- If you have MEDICAID insurance you must schedule your medical appointment rides through MTM that includes Social Services visits and picking up prescriptions.
- Lemhi Ride is a public transportation system who must follow Federal Transit Administration regulations, NOT A TAXI SERVICE.
- Office hours for scheduling purposes are Monday – Friday 8am to 3pm. Actual ride times are 8:00am to 5:00 pm. But between the hours of 8am to 10am and 2:00 to 4:30 pm are the busiest times in the day for us.
- Give the dispatcher the time of your appointment, NOT when you need to be picked up. Dispatchers and drivers will factor in travel time to get you to your appointment ON time. BE READY at least 45 minutes prior to your appointment time and watch for the bus to arrive.
- If you want or need extra stops, please let us know at the time of scheduling. This assures the driver can arrive on time for the next scheduled ride. EXTRA last-minute stops that are not previously scheduled cannot be guaranteed and an extra $2.00 will be charged to you per stop regardless of age. The ONLY exception will be after a medical appointment to a pharmacy for a prescription.
- Lemhi Ride is a curb-to-curb service which means that we pick up and drop off on the curb. If you need assistance to get from the door to the curb, you should let us know, but you are required to meet the bus at the curb and arrange for your own caretaker to assist you to the curb.
- Please be patient and courteous with drivers and office staff as we are trying our best to accommodate everyone
- Lemhi Ride not responsible for anything you leave in the vehicle, nor are we responsible to delivering it back to you. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. If you bring it on the bus, please take it off of the bus. If you do leave something on the bus let us know as soon as possible and make arrangements to pick it up from the office.
- Please refrain from making medical appointments after 2:00 pm unless you find alternative transportation back home, we cannot always guarantee we will be able to get you back home from that late of an appointment.
- Scheduled trips are to be cancelled within two (2) hours prior to the of the trip request. Any scheduled trip not cancelled within that window will be considered a no-show.
- You MUST, by Lemhi Ride policy, wear your seat belt at all times
- There will be no smoking in the vehicles, no alcohol or weapons carried in the vehicle (bus).
- Our service is offered on a First Come-First Served Basis. To assure you get the scheduled time you want or need, you need to schedule as soon as possible. Rides can be scheduled up to 4 weeks in advance. Please call at least 24 hours in advance to confirm, cancel or change your appointment. This also includes regular rides be it weekly or more.
- Remember when shopping, if you can’t lift it the, driver can’t lift it either. You are limited to what you can carry in one trip. The drivers are not responsible for carrying your items for you. Drivers are NOT obligated to load and unload your carryon items. No huge boxes or containers allowed. Drivers are NEVER allowed to enter a personal residence EVER for any reason.
- Lemhi Ride requires that you pay for your ride upon entering the bus by using your punch card, or have exact change – drivers do not carry change.
- The driver will wait 5 minutes for you to come out for your ride. When you have scheduled a return trip, the driver will wait no more than 5 minutes. This is in consideration of the driver and their schedule. After the 5 minutes you will be considered a no-show. After 2 No-Show incidents Lemhi Ride will implement a 5-day suspension policy. This is only to ensure that the next person on the schedule receives the same courtesy you expect.
- Lemhi Ride reserves the right to refuse service to a person whose condition, conduct, or behavior may be objectionable to others and the driver. The driver is responsible for making that decision and the driver’s decision is final.
- Service animals are allowed, and must on a leash and be under control of the owners at all times. Animal’s small enough to be transported in cages/carriers can be taken for appointments accompanied by the owner.
- Lemhi Ride is not responsible for delays caused by accidents, road conditions or closures, breakdowns, weather conditions and other conditions beyond our control.
Enjoy the Ride!
Lemhi Rides thanks you for using our service, we enjoy all of our patrons and being able to provide you the opportunity for independence. Questions or comments; please call call 208-756-1875